Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 1 of Sleep Training = Disaster




What a disaster. I had my schedule down - she was supposed to wake at 7 and then I was going to give it a shot. Well the day went something like this...
4:50 Up - Nurse - talk like crazy - no way was she going back to sleep
5:20 Reluctantly get out of bed - but try to keep everything mellow
6:20 Fell asleep nursing (I knew she was still tired)
6:50 Very carefully placed her in crib with my hand still on her chest so she would think that I was still there, gently remove hand after 5 minutes of standing there leaning over crib and eyes pop open not upset I leave her to play quietly in crib hoping for the magic sleep to take over - 7:20 Screaming - okay here is my chance to try the PU/PD the problem is everytime I put down she would scream louder
7:35 I had had enoughh of the stupid PU/PD (pick up put down)so I gave in and nursed within 2 minutes out cold (should have continued PU/PD)
8am very carefully lay her in my bed - barricade bed with pillows on the perimeter so she won't roll off
852 wake up (hurray almost an hour and a half)
We then went to Toys R Us - looking for high chairs
11am we were home and on schedule - nurse and she fell asleep
1120 phone rang - daddy just wanting to say hi! Argh! Baby up (20 minute nap)
Walk to post office
1:00 Lunch - 1T yummy oatmeal and 1T yummy banana
Play with new toy from Toys R Us
230 nurse 238 asleep but on me as gardner was here
251 very carefully lay her down eyes pop open - I try the pat pat pat method no doing (15 minutes of sleep)
330 Up - I need a break I have her watch Blues Clues (bad mom I know but I've been up since 4:50)
Play on mat and get frustrated starts tired cry - Happily I pick her up to put in crib
starts screaming (tired cry has turned into exhaustion - I missed the tired window)
for the next 40 minutes this is what happened - Bella screaming at top of her lungs into my ear - me shhshhshhing, patting (as instructed by stupid book), bouncing on the big ball while holding her patting and shhing (legs burning but at least a 15 minute workout) until finally I lay down with her and nurse (should have done this in the first place) and shes out
20 minutes later - up - UP!!!!! nurse - asleep - 20 minutes later UP!!!!!!!!!! nurse again asleep finally by 7pm she is out. I dream feed at 945 - and I go to sleep.
12:30 I hear her humming, talking, playing, laughing, UP!!!! (What is with my daughter) change diaper, and try not to respond to her (very hard as she is so cute but truthfully I am a zombie)
1:30 asleep
530 Up - but happily nurse to sleep and here I am Up again
Okay we will try again today - she will be more rested and as they say the more sleep baby gets the more they take - I have yet to see this but I am hoping that it is true.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker