Monday, December 10, 2007

C-Sections

My cousin Erin is pregnant with twins - Emory and Holden - they (the dr.'s)have decided that she should have a C-section Wednesday at 1pm. All is fine and there is nothing to worry about but it got me thinking - as nervous as I am about the uncertain-ness of labor (length and pain) I think that knowing that on a certain day and at a certain time that I was going to have a baby would be much more stressful. Sleep would go out the door - which it already has most nights - but if I was told that at 10am tomorrow that I would walk in to a hospital and have a baby I would freak. Some people I know like the planning aspect of it all - it is nice and neat and they don't have to worry about the unknown (they would also be absolutelt ready which is a plus) but I think that that knowing that total certainest is a bit unnerving. This whole pregnancy thing is still so strange - I am growing a baby inside of me - a person - I feel her kick and move and roll over - she'll sometimes respond to my touch - she is a person - I know physically how it all happens but scientifically it is a miracle to me.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker