Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What a day?

The day started off fine - searching through the SouthBeach Diet cookbook planning a shopping trip to Whole Foods - and then somehow it went terribly awry. DF (dear fiance) asked me to go to Mexico with him - no worries I said sounds great I am on vacation I would love to hang out with you I said - well... we drive to Otay and the border wait line coming back was miles long - then we went to the book and sat and sat and sat and bet on the horses (I knitted) then after 3 long hours and two yummy carne asada street tacos we got in line - and sat and sat (I knitted) then the battery of DF's truck gave out on the 905 and we ended up at a Kragen parking lot waiting for AAA (I knitted) then we got towed to a SCARY street and a guy on the corner said he'd fix the truck. A GUY ON THE CORNER!!!!!!! DF said OKAY! I sat in the truck knitting and checking all of the windows as random scary people kept walking by as a stranger on the corner (STOC) fixed the truck. I also used the bathroom at a scary AA meeting room on the corner of the street where the stranger worked as a mechanic. Luckily S.O.T.C. knew what he was doing and now we have a new mechanic. Go figure! The way I see it the S.O.T.C. was kind of our Christmas miracle - we paid him a small fee but on a cold night on a scary street with all of the mechanic shops closed a nice man fixed our car (and I knitted)

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker