Monday, August 4, 2008

PU/PD


Pick up Put Down - today will be the first day of Bella's sleep training - it involves a schedule - up at 8am nurse, nap at 10 am - sleep 1 1/2 - 2 hours (this will be a miracle), eat lunch at 12, play nap at 230 (again for 1 1/2 - 2 hours hahaha) then nurse, play, dinner at 530, bath at 600, nurse, books, bed at 730. Pick up Put Down is the Baby Whispers plan of action - lay her down in her crib and when she starts to cry PU/PD - rather then the harsh CIO method of Ferber. In her book she said that with one baby on the first day she had to PU/PD 160 times during one nap session and the next day that number "dropped" to 60 times and the next day to 10 times. Okay I know my daughter and I am thinking I will be in the 160 times PU/PD range. Today is going to bite and I will most likely need a big glass of wine tonight when all is said and done. I guess the oddest advice in the book was wear ear plugs so when they scream in your ear it won't be so bad. Great.

This plan was all set to go into action - except Bella woke up at 4:50 and would not go back to sleep so I guess PU/PD starts at 8....

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker