Friday, August 1, 2008

Sleep? Who needs sleep? Not Bella.

Okay - I know that I ruined the whole sleeping thing. It was me - I take full responsibility for having a non napping, non crib using baby. MeMeMe. The sweet attentive nurses in the NICU had my baby swaddled and napping on a 3 hr schedule. I brought her through the door and ruined it. I wanted to hold her. Love her. Touch her. I wanted her with me all of the time. She was so little and her start at life was so hard so I made the decision to hold her to sleep, nurse her to sleep and let her sleep on my chest in bed. Well 7 months later - after having read The Happiest Baby on the Block, The Baby Whisperer 1 and 2, The No-cry sleep solution, Dr. Sears, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child and the famous Babywise - I am no where nearer having a sleeping baby. Infact if left to CIO (Cry It Out) dear sweet Bella becomes a screaming maniac - who doesn't cry but yells at me non stop for 15 solid minutes after I have left her in the crib to CIO and then pick her up. How dare I leave her in her crib to cry and just pat her on the back and let her know that it will all be okay. Her new thing is, althogh very cute also very annoying, she lays on her back then rolls over and lifts head smiles lays down rolls over ever so slightly moving in a clockwise position while talking. She repeats this cute move until she has done a complete cirlce and the rolls over and simultaneously kicks her legs waves her arms and happily screams. This has happened now 4 nights in a row - this is starting to become a pattern. Help!!!!! Tomorrow,as I am sure that it will happen again, I will try to take a video of this sweet manuever as for now I am going to reread the highlighted parts in the no-cry sleep solution book and I am going to try to come up with a schedule.

1 comment:

Mikey and Maddie's Momma said...

Well, I'm dying to know...did she ever get a good sleep pattern going?!?!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker